Ray_Net wrote:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/ is my SM home page - where i can
read the latest released version number of SM.

This was working well in the past.

Now with my SM version 2.17 this situation is gone, i just read on that
page:

*Congratulations!* You've downloaded (or compiled) a stable version of
SeaMonkey.

Instead of in the past telling me that the lastest new released version
of SM is: 2.17.1

So my home page did not tell me anymore that i should upgrade.

You can use this page:
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/>

Or you can set this pref:
Edit | Preferences | Software Installation
        SeaMonkey
        [x] Automatically check for updates (o) daily (•) weekly
        [ ] Automatically download and install the update

These settings will notify you when an update is available but won't download or install it until you give the go-ahead. If you do want updates installed automatically, the option is there.

Paul B. Gallagher