Jay O'Brien wrote:
I'm trying to sync my laptop with my main desktop computer.

The help info is all firefox related, showing a screen that
is foreign to me, and I cannot follow the instructions
using SeaMonkey.

Is there better SeaMonkey related documentation?

Jay O'Brien

Depends on whether the two computers use same OS. If, for instance, they are both Windows 7, you can simply copy the profile directory from one to the other.

If not, say the master is W7 and the slave is XP, you can do the same but need to then edit the prefs.js file on the XP system.

For instance:

You can copy the master Win7 profile over the laptop profile on the Win XP machine to sync the profiles.

However, to account for the different profile locations between W7 and WXP, (with SM closed) you then must edit "prefs.js" on the laptop.

Search and replace all instances of:

Users\\\\[user]\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\Mozilla\\\\SeaMonkey\\\\Profiles\\\\

with:

Documents and Settings\\\\[user]\\\\Application Data\\\\Mozilla\\\\SeaMonkey\\\\Profiles\\\\

and:

Users\\[user]\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\SeaMonkey\\Profiles\\

with:

Documents and Settings\\[user]\\Application Data\\Mozilla\\SeaMonkey\\Profiles\\

Substitute [user] with the appropriate User account name in the OS.

I've acutally got a macro which does this for me in a click.

And it's much better if the email accounts are IMAP which makes synchronizing a breeze.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/