I will check out the bug note mentioned by David and see if this is the same issue.

I have SM set to automatically check for new mail when I open a user account (I have 4 user accounts, some that manage multiple addresses). Since there are 11 email addressed managed in this particular account, it takes a minute or so to check new messages for all of them. After that, SM checks for new messages every 10 minutes. I used to have it set to every 1 minute, but a yahoo tech told me that there are issues that can happen with the server if you check to often.

So for each address, there is a login to the pop server using the email address (with domain) and the password from the password manager. I guess my question is why that email address login is not included in the error message.

Shouldn't the error message be something more like,

Sending of password did not succeed for: myemailaddr...@yahoo.com
Mail server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com responded: internal server error (#OCF013)

Occasionally I have to call yahoo to get these things sorted out and it would be much easier if I knew which email was the issue, and even if it is the same account every time. I understand that the error itself has nothing to do with SM, but more information is usually preferable to less where error messages are concerned. I understand that I can figure out which account is the problem if I go through one at a time and see if I can trigger the error, but wouldn't a well formed set of error traps provide that information in the first place? The process would be even more complicated if the issue is not consistently with the same login address.

LMH

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
LMH wrote:

Hello,

I have a SM account that I use to manage 11 different email
addresses, all on the same domain. Occasionally, I get an error
message like this one,

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server
pop.bizmail.yahoo.com responded: internal server error (#OCF013)

or something similar. The messages are for one of the 11 accounts,
but there is no information at all as to which one. This makes the
error message almost completely useless and I often have to spend
a lot of time trying to figure out which email address is not
receiving mail. Would it be so difficult to add the username that was
being used for login when the attempt to login to pop failed? ...

With only a handful of accounts, I have an easy solution; it gets harder
as you get up into double digits.

I'm assuming you use CTRL-SHIFT-D to get mail for all accounts at once,
or else that you have the server settings for the various accounts
configured so SM automatically gets mail at specified intervals.

To identify the problem account, place the cursor in any of the mail
folders for the first account (or else on the account name in the folder
pane), and do CTRL-D to get mail for that account only. If no error,
repeat for the second account. If no error, repeat for the third
account. Etc. For 11 accounts this should take a minute or two unless
you have a very slow (dialup) connection.

The server error you report should resolve itself within a short time
anyway (assuming the ISP is competent), so unless you're trying to send
or receive an urgent message, the easy answer is to wait a few minutes.