Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:

presumably, the "Ignore Thread" option under the Message dropdown (Mac
main menu) will keep SM from downloading any more posts with the same
subject. At least that's how I think it works...seems to work like
that. (nothing in Help on "ignore")

This is quite useful when a crossposted spam/flame war starts in a
newsgroup you like to read.

But, if the subject title itself was rather mild, from a wording
standpoint, then a legit (new) thread with the same subject title may
/someday/ start and you would never see it.

so where is the kill-file/ignore-thread list stored?, and can you edit
it? or just delete it?

You're assuming that a thread is defined by the subject line. But that's
not how SeaMonkey (and other good programs) thread messages.....
> ...(explanation on threading)...

Oh, so there's no chance of killing something from the future, because it cannot possibly be the same "thread" even though the name is the same. OK. I had an invalid concern. Thanks!

GW