Michael Lueck wrote:
Greetings,

I had a most odd / scary thing happen this morning. I was sending an
email via a SM POP account with a few MB of files attached to it. I
remember accidentally clicking / doing something while it was sending
via my SMTP (TLS) connection... and POOF that account's InBox went
blank, and ALL sub-folders under the InBox have vanished. No pop-up
message box what so ever was seen.

There is no trace of them in the profile filesystem. This account's
Inbox.sbd is completely empty.

At the command line I changed up to the Mail directory and did "find |
grep foo" where Foo is the name of folders which existing under that
account's InBox. (Being careful to observe PrettyCase since this is a
CaSe sEnSiTiVe filesystem I am dealing with.) NO TRACE of where the
folders went.

The files for the InBox are as follows:

-rw-------  1 mdlueck mdlueck 46285982 Jul 13 09:45 Inbox
-rw-rw-r--  1 mdlueck mdlueck     2146 Jul 13 10:19 Inbox.msf
-rw-rw-r--  1 mdlueck mdlueck    67775 Jul 13 09:50 Inbox.ORIG.msf

I renamed off the folder index .msf file and rebuilt that folder's
index. Though the Inbox data file has messages in it, they do not show up.

Suggestions other than roll that account back to my most recent profile
backup?

System configuration:
Ubuntu 12.04 x64
XFS filesystem
SeaMonkey via UbuntuZilla, so the official Mozilla binaries

Sincerely,

Have you found out what happened and how? There was no step I could suggest that you had not tried anyway.