Vegas Jack:

>When reading my email when I advance to the next Folder

How do you do that?

>a Confirm box pops up asking if you want to advance to the next
>message.

A look in my user.js, luckily commented ;), shows

// 0: "next" goes to the next folder, without prompting
// 1: "next" goes to the next folder, and prompts (the default)
// 2: "next" does nothing when there are no unread messages
user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 2);

>The mouse cursor should point to the Yes button.

I do not remember this Yes button. Perhaps because i have set the above
pref to 2 since eternity.

>However since I updated to 2.19 the cursor points to the C in the
>word Confirm at the top left of the box.

I do not remember this box. One of the others may. Perhaps my guess
regarding the above pref will help. Try about:config with the filter
cross and play with the value of mailnews.nav_crosses_folders.

Or wait for answer of others.

Hartmut