David Kerridge wrote:

I made a bad selection or something on a drop-down screen and my top
and bottom tool bars disappeared, the top is the one that has the
bookmarks line on plus the two that I added, "Interests and Shopping"
on them and the bottom bar too, now the only way I can shut the
computer down, right now I have to do a "ctrl-alt-del" to shut down.
I need help not criticism please.

If you're talking about the SeaMonkey menu bar (File, Edit, View, ...), look just under the round blue SeaMonkey logo at the far upper left corner of the window and you should see one or more speckly rectangles. Mouse over each and you should get a tooltip identifying it: "Search Bar," "Mail Toolbar," "Menu Bar." If you see one you like, click it and it'll reappear. If you decide you don't want one, do the same thing to its left edge (the speckly area) and it'll hide again.

As for shutting the computer down, that's not a SeaMonkey issue. You'll have to consult a Windows 8 expert.

Paul B. Gallagher