kenandgiova...@yahoo.com wrote:
Composer inserts characters & symbols display OK when preparing html webpages. When
viewed on the web, Firefox will display a <black diamond w/white ?> for many (all?) of
the inserted symbols & characters.

Example links:

Test page -
http://spontoon.rootoon.com/SPwTest1.html
Looks OK in View/ Preview. In View/ html, the actual symbol seems to be
inserted rather than an html code for the symbol.

(The following may be a separate problem?)
A page originally prepared in Mozilla Composer in 2001, with copyright symbols added in
reloads every year. This last year it was not possible to directly insert a copyright
symbol for 2013 - I had to cut-&-paste. Now, it appears in my Firefox browser that
all the copyright symbols (and an accent-'e') have reverted to '<?>' (Unknown
character?).
http://spontoon.rootoon.com/SPwHome1.html

My apologies in advance if I am overlooking any obvious html-development
knowledge.

Thank you for your patience,
Ken

i think the:

meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"

in the source is incorrect somehow.

If I select that Encoding from the View menu, the page shows the correct characters, otherwise it shows the unknown symbols.

GW