On 2013-09-27 9:43 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:

Daniel wrote:

Philip Taylor wrote:

I cannot help but feel that a far more apposite question is
"by which future SM version can we expect that full regression
testing will become a normal part of the development cycle
and therefore be performed before a new version is released ?".

Philip Taylor

The SeaMonkey Council are just waiting for you, and others, to offer to
assist with the testing, Phillip. ;-)

The regression testing of which I was speaking, Daniel, is the
regression testing that forms a normal part of software
development /before/ it is offered to a user community.

I think what Daniel was speaking of is the fact that SeaMonkey QA testing is community driven. Being an open-source project, test builds are made available to the public, where anyone can test them at report bugs " /before/ it is offered to a user community". :)
For more info, visit <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/#testing>.

It is conducted by the developers,

It is rarely conducted by developers ("developers" meaning the people that wrote the code).

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator