Connie wrote:
On 19/10/2013 04:54, regz91 wrote:
Just go to the login web page and login into that page.
After logging in SeaMonkey will prompt you to save the password

Except it doesn't on all sites.

I've found some that will and some that won't.  I put it down to the
version of SM I'm using currently (2.16).  Gene seems to be using 2.15.

I've encountered this myself and fixed it using a Firefox solution...but I can't recall the exact place I got it from. YOu have to override a stored javascript.

Anyway -

First try turning javascript off, deleting any and all cookies for the offending site, and then going to the login and see if you get the prompt to save your password.

If that doesn't work, try the "Remember Password" bookmarklet solution linked here -

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/764457>

And also explained and linked here -

<https://ttboj.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/forcing-firefox-to-remember-passwords/>

I know this is how I solved the problem, but I didn't mark the specific bookmarklet I used. I know this actually works.

--
     - Rufus