Ed Mullen wrote:
andré wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher a écrit :
Tom S. wrote:

Hi,

Why is it when one tab is opened, If I press Control+W, it closes the
browser window, instead of closing the tab and leaving a blank tab?
If this browser window is the only window opened, SeaMonkey quits
entirely, (as if I pressed Control+Q).

This may not be the behavior your prefer, but it makes perfect sense to
me: if you have one window open and you close it, that should leave you
with none (1-1=0). Substitute "tab" and the logic is the same.

It may seem coherent to you, but that is what ctl-Q is for.
This was changed, some years back, to *not* close the last window, to
provide an easy way to clear the last tab or window without adding a new
tab before closing the last non-empty tab.  It is also supposed to work
that way if one presses the "x" to the right to close the last tab.

(I haven't yet tested it, but if it really works that way I'm sticking
with SM 2.21.)

I just tried CTRL+Q in the browser.  It closed both mail/news and the
browser.

If you have both browser and email open at the same time Ctrl+W will close the window you are using.

Ctrl+Q will quit the application, or both windows.

That is the way it has always worked on Linux.