Trane Francks <trane@...> writes:

> On 9/12/13 7:48 AM +0900, EE wrote:
> > J Lach wrote:
> >> I have been having a problem and have even taken off seamonkey and
> >> redownloaded the newest version and yet everytime I fire it up it locks up
> >> my computer. I have a vista computer with a 32bit operating system, 2 gigs
> >> of memory, and 140 gig harddrive. The version of seamonkey I have is 2.15.
> >> I have even tried downloading an older version and that did not work
> >> either.  I have ran malwarebytes and avg and my computer is free of any
> >> bugs or viruses.  The chrome and compontes folders were empty on the one I
> >> had been running and according to my husband they should have something in
> >> them.  Any help in this matter would be appreciated.  I really liked
> >> running seamonkey and all of a sudden it stopped working and freezes my
> >> computer.
> >> Thanks
> >> Janice Lachapelle
> >>
> > Is SeaMonkey crashing or hanging?  Crashing is shutting down without
> > your doing anything to make it quit.  Hanging is not responding to input.
> > Does the problem happen when using SeaMonkey safe mode?  If not, it
> > could be an extension causing the problem.
> > Maybe this page will help:
> > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mozilla_Suite_:_Issues_:_Freezing
> > If not, check:
> > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_SeaMonkey
> >

> The OP stated that the computer crashes. That's a little more problematic.

I have a MacBook Pro late 2011, running ML with 16 GB of Ram.  When I
upgraded to SM 2.21, it started hanging in mail.  My CPU indicator would
show 100% duty cycle in one of the cores.  The hang would last from seconds
to indefinite (I would kill the app).  I don't know a specific thing that
causes it, but it frequently happens when I execute the "Back" command
(CMD-]). First, it ignores the command.  Then I use the arrow, then the
menu.  It usually hangs during that time.  Sometimes it hangs on first use.

Thinking it was a bug in the latest version, I reloaded the previous version
2.20 and it did the same thing.  I have the Lightening plugin for calendar app.