On 11/21/2013 8:26 AM, stan pierce wrote:
> stan pierce wrote:
>> I just was forced to switch banks due to a merger. The bank like many
>> others has merged with another bank. The user id part of the login is on
>> one screen and the p/w on another screen. When I enter my user id and
>> click on login, the field clears but the next screen doesn't show up.
>>
>> Spoke to the support group at the bank and although they support about
>> 10 browsers, they do not support SM. Works OK with IE and it works OK
>> with FireFox. I suspect it might be a font problem. I often use larger
>> font sizes and have even switched font types to improve readability.
>>
>> By the way, the bank software is not checking the User Agent so they are
>> not blocking it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Stan
>>

> Found the problem by disabling No Script. Then it works. Any way to set
> No Script so I don't have to turn it off every time I want to use my
> bank program?
>
> Stan

I noted in an earlier reply that I created a separate SeaMonkey profile
for banking.  In that profile, I omitted installing any extensions that
I suspected would interfere with bank transactions (including
logging-on).  I found that using a separate profile was easier than
repeatedly changing preferences and then restoring them (including
disabling and enabling extensions and plugins).  Thus, I suggest you
create a banking profile in which you do not install NoScript.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Where does your elected official stand?  Which
politicians refuse to tell us where they stand?
See the non-partisan Project Vote Smart at
<http://votesmart.org/>.