Rick Merrill wrote:
sean nathan wrote:
andré wrote, On 11/16/2013 04:29 AM:
Suggestion to simplify interaction with the list :

The current configuration of the list shows the poster as the sender.
So if someone replies to a message, by default it goes (only) to the
sender, and not the list.  (reply-to-all also goes only to the sender.)
To correct this, there should be a reply-to line, which means a reply by
default (only) goes to the list.
With a reply-to line, reply-to-all will go to the list + the sender.

I read this via newsgroup in Seamonkey. When I choose to reply, I'm
offered a choice
of replying to the newsgroup or sender only.

If I pick "reply all" I can send to newsgroup AND sender.

Which means that I get emails from people that are referring to messages that I might never have read in the newsgroup/list. A real waste of time trying to sort out. Or,if threads I'm involved in, I now have TWO points of involvement when I only want one.

Just post to the list/newsgroup and leave it at that. REPLY *not* REPLY ALL. Please!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/