On 12/8/2013 5:58 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/7/2013 12:53 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
After successfully logging in to United Healthcare web site, I select
the option "Find Providers"

When I do, I get the message that that page is not trusted and the
Technical Details states that it using an invalid certificate (See
below) Is there any way I can modify anything in SM (2.22.1) "Manage
Certificates" to work around this?

FWIW, I have similar problems with IE8, Firefox and Google Chrome.

Technical Details

epcp-prod-e-eprovider.uhc.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for epcprod-e.uhc.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

1.  Copy the complete domain of the URI (possibly
epcp-prod-e-eprovider.uhc.com, but possibly not).

2.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit > Preferences].

3.  On the left side of the Preference window, select [Privacy &
Security > Certificates].

4.  On the Certificates pane, select the Manage Certificates button.

5.  On the Certificate Manager window, select the Servers tab.

6.  On the Servers tab, select the Add Exception button.

7.  On the Add Security Exception window, enter the complete domain in
the Location input area.

8.  Select the Get Certificate button.

9.  Select the "Permanently store this exception" checkbox to insert a
checkmark and then the Confirm Security Exception button.

10.  Close down the various windows by selecting OK buttons.

I am sure it would be appreciated if you were to send your problem to
the United Health Group at doma...@uhc.com with cc: to
ip_addr...@uhg.com.  You might also try calling them at (952)936-1300.

This is a nasty bug in both Fx recently and SeaMonkey with the bottom of the window being cutoff accidentally. I would not be able to use your method because I disable all Comodo/comodo related certs in all browsers since December 2008 and also disable GoDaddy certs. That's a lot of certs for a lot of sites (since Comodo is too large to be allowed to fail and that's a main reason Mozilla did not yank them out of Fx in December 2008 over the Eddie Nigg incident). I depend on that popup window to work correctly. It does so in Opera 12.15 and IE 10. It used to work correctly in Fx and SeaMonkey.

I expect that popup window to allow me to override the "problem" which is a deliberate one of my own making for security reasons. Frequently, I do NOT wish to make a permanent exception and this fact makes this bug even worse. I am not going to enable Comodo/Comodo related certs except one by one on whatever sites use them and I want to know as I might choose to not use a site that uses a Comodo cert. Same for Go-Daddy which is a sloppy, sleazy cert provider (but not as bad as Comodo) and GoDaddy loves to certify malware ridden sites so to protect myself I wish to know anytime a site is going to use a GoDaddy cert and I probably just won't go to the site at all or just that once (thus not needing permanent exception) and I will be on full alert knowing the site is using GoDaddy.