Dear support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org,

We tried to get help at the Seamonkey forums but they don't know anything about
this. Can someone please help us understand why giganews is ON our machine and
how to get it OFF permanently?

1. We never use the news or mail features built into Seamonkey and don't plan
to. Is there a way to delete/reconfigure those features to totally eliminate
their functioning on our installed Seamonkey?

2. This is the situation:
Every time we log on to the internet, we find news.mozilla.giganews.com is
automatically ON our machine (NNTP). We don't know why this is, but we prefer
not to have things automatically accessing our machine before we even do
anything online. Is there some way to shut this off? And why is it on in the
first place? What is it doing when it is showing up as port activity?

The only "newsgroup" or discussion board we (rarely) use is when we need
assistance from support at Seamonkey forums. But this giganews entry shows up
on our view of connections, whether we access that support site or not. It's
there first thing every time. We figure the fewer ports are open, the more
secure our machine, so we want to get rid of giganews.

Please advise, and thanks for your help.

PS If this is the wrong address to send this to, please advise. Again, many
thanks.