Norvin wrote:

Using SM 1.1.18 and deleted a trash mail file by accident. I can still
see it using windows explorer but is there a way to bring it back to SM
mail reader where it came from.
TIA

The most obvious, straightforward answer:

1) DON'T close SeaMonkey until you're absolutely sure you don't have it set to empty trash on exit (sorry, don't recall where the pref is for 1.1.18, we're up to 2.23 nowadays).

2) Even if you're sure, copy the file to a directory SeaMonkey will never think to look in -- say, the Desktop. That way, if SM deletes or damages it, you still have the backup copy.

3) Close SeaMonkey, rename the file (e.g., if the file is named "Trash," rename it to "UnTrash"), relaunch SeaMonkey and you should have a new mail folder with the new name. Drag and drop the contents as you see fit.

Paul B. Gallagher