On 1/4/14 9:50 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 04/01/14 20:53, Rob wrote:
Daniel <d...@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:
As shown in my sig, on this HP 6730b laptop, I dual boot Win7 and
Mandriva Linux. My SeaMonkey profile is on one of the Win7 drives so I
can use it when booting up into either Win7 or Linux. I have prefs.js
file's on my Win7 G:\ and in my Linux /Home mount. Both displays are set
up to 1650 by 1080.

When I set up my (Linux) Mail & Newsgroups screen, I have the divider
between the Accounts Pane and the other two Panes set under the "R" in
in the Mail & Newsgroup screen set at about the "d" in "Forward". If I
reset it location to under the "R" in "Reply All", then, the next time I
boot into Linux, the divider is under the word "Reply" (in "Reply").

Why is the one setting effecting the other?? Or where is the setting for
this screen stuff kept, that one OS set-up can effect the other OS's
set-up??

This setting is not in prefs.js but in another file within the profile,
panacea.dat.

Using my Linux File search tool, I found thirteen panacea.dat's, one on
my Linux Hume mount and twelve spread over the Windows drives, with one
(on my Win G:\, where my profile is located) shown as modified today, so
I guess that's the one both profiles use.

Still if both systems are set to 1650 by 1080, why do the positions change??

When you have tricked the setup in such a way that both systems use
the same profile (not clear from the above description), it is to be
expected that changing the setting in one OS affects the other.

No trick, just set up the Win7 profile, then booted into Linux SM and
pointed it towards the Win 7 G:\ location.

Daniel, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Windows and X Windows System are using different DPI settings for the same screen resolution, e.g., 72 dpi vs 99 dpi. This is changing the divider positioning in the toolbar. The only way to fix the divider positioning would be to get each respective windowing system to use the same DPI.

--
// Trane Francks    tr...@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan