Alex Beauroy wrote:

I'm on Windows 7
I've created a 2nd profile that cannot reach the smtp server for sending
e-mail
all the times I get the message that connection with smtp failed and
timed out
Anybody experienced that

I've had SMTP errors when my settings were wrong, but never just because it was a second profile. Compare the settings on your first and second accounts, see if you mistyped anything.

The easiest way to use the same SMTP server for two accounts is to set each account to use the same SMTP server:

Edit | Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP):
pull down the same server name from the list.

But AFAIK there's no way to do that between different profiles.

Paul B. Gallagher