Ed Mullen wrote:

Okay, here's a weird one.

Someone was perusing one of my Web sites and said, to paraphrase:

"If I click in the vertical scroll bar below the handle (grippy) the
page scrolls down more than one full screen."

only the Moz-based browsers exhibit the problem.

I'm posting here first but it may be an HTML or CSS issue.  Which I
would then pursue in an appropriate Usenet group.

I have tested this on a variety of sites online and most do not
exhibit this but several do.

Any thoughts welcome.

I think Trane's on the mark with his comment about the discrepancy between page size and frame size. I've seen this for a long time, never thought much about it until now. Easily reproduced.

BTW, nice to know we're sort of neighbors (I'm about 10 min. north of your alma mater).

Paul B. Gallagher