Hi, I've installed SM 2.23 on a new computer with Linux Ubuntu but all my currently working settings, browser history and POP mail archives are on an older machine running SM 2.4.1 on an older Ubuntu.

I'd like to transfer all my operations from my old machine to my new one as smoothly as possible, so that my new machine will remember all my old browser-stored passwords, my old browser history, the UIDLs for several current POP e-mail accounts, and will have my quite extensive set of archived local mail folders on it.

On my older machine, much of the data I guess I need appears to in a folder with a name like /home/john/.mozilla/seamonkey/xxxxxxxx.default It currently contains 1,787 items totalling 727MB

On my newer machine,  I have a folder with a name like
/home/john/.mozilla/seamonkey/yyyyyyyy.default which basically only has the newly installed default data that comes with SM2.23 on it.

Question is, if I copy all the data from the /xxxxxxxx.default folder on my old machine and paste it all into the /yyyyyyyy.default folder on my new machine, is that likely to work? Is there anything else I ought to worry about to make my transition go smoothly?

Would it make a difference that on my old machine I've been running SM 2.4.1 from a /home/john/seamonkey/seamonkey folder whereas on my new computer, it runs from a /usr/local/seamonkey folder?

I'm also wondering whether any of the default contents of the yyyyyyyy.default folder that came with my SM2.23 contain new features or facilities that would be lost if I replace them with my xxxxxxxx.default data derived from SM 2.4.1.

Any warnings or suggestions on this transfer would be much appreciated. Thanks.

   +  John