sean nathan wrote:
I'm unable to view anything in youtube lately... video plays for a few
second then the screen goes fuzzy and tells me  "an error has occurred..."

doesn't seem to matter whether i use my regular profile, or a newly
created one...

also happening to me in chromium... suspecting its html5 related...

this in ability to view has carried over from 2.23 to 2.24 in my linux
installation...

sean

FWIW... and for anyone else having trouble with video...

In my version of peppermintOS linux... my install of Seamonkey required:

sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
and
sudo apt-get install lubuntu-restricted-extras ubuntu-restricted-extras

as well as making amends for a bug in the gecko-mediaplayer for raring but the version for the upcoming 14.04 works perfectly... download this file:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/gecko-mediaplayer_1.0.8-4ubuntu1_amd64.deb

then double-click it to install it (it may warn an older or same version is in the repos but just say OK) .. once installed, close ALL web browser instances, and reopen Seamonkey to test a Vimeo video.

may also provide fixes for m3u and mov streaming

sean