Ray_Net wrote:
»Q« wrote, On 16/02/2014 19:35:
In <news:j6ednc3fvjdrb53onz2dnuvz_vwdn...@mozilla.org>,
Ray_Net <tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be> wrote:

I speak about sorting without being a geek .. SIMPLY using the click
on the title of the row containing versions strings in excel ....
Non-geeks, by definition, don't need to sort version numbers, and the
age-old conventions of version numbering aren't about to change to
accommodate the limitations of spreadsheet programs.  I expect
someone's written a macro or something that will enable more
sophisticating sorting than Excel has built-in.

None of this has to do with SeaMonkey support, so I'll crosspost and
set followups to mozilla.general.

Ok, i don't need to sort version numbers, i just go to this SM page
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/
to find the latest SM version, and i see 2.9.1 GREATER than 2.24.
The 2.9.1 is the latest uptodate SM release :-) :-)

Then why is 2.9.1 dated 30-Apr-2012 and 2.24 dated 03-Feb-2014 at <http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/> and <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/> show SeaMonkey 2.24 as the current release?

:) :) ;)

(Darn I haven't used SM mail window for awhile, over 800 messages to download for m.general. Yikes!)