azed13 wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Paul wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
How do I find other Newsgroups HERE ?

I used to be able to bring up a Big List of
available News Groups to subscribe to, but I
forgot how to do that a long ago.

Specifically looking for something to replace
Windows XP Annoyances which is now defunct.

I have to find out why an "Enter Password"
window keeps relentlessly popping up.

DoctorBill

"As mentioned by several people, first add a
newserver, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT
then to that server add the group:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general  AGAIN - HOW?"  DoctorBill

Doctor Bill,

You can sign up for free newsserver access here:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

I don't think it will be too difficult if you follow their instructions.
However, be aware that you cannot register if you are using an att.net
email.

It has at least two XP newsgroups including the following:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
alt.comp.os.windows-xp

Those of us in our eighties have no problem registering with and using
Eternal-September so you young pups in your seventies should be able to
handle it :-)

Arnie:

I join you as another guy in the 80's with a big difference. I have
registered with Eternal-September but for some reason I am unable to add
the account as a new group. Every time I select "New" or "Add" account
from any menu, when I enter the E-S org name and select "next" my
account with news.mozilla.org gets wiped out and I need to set it up all
over again. I have followed the directions in Seamonkey Help, to the
best of my knowledge, correctly but the result is always the same.
What am I missing? In the past years I had more groups other then
Mozilla but lost them when my ISP stopped providing news service.

E-T .org says my "news client" needs to be set up and perhaps I am
incorrect thinking Seamonkey is my "Client".

Any clarifying information would be greatly appreciated.

azed13
Here are two links that may help out:

http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/24hoursupport.helpdesk/v0aE0IWPjr8