On 2/23/2014 10:12 PM, bryan roache wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote, On 2/23/2014 11:16 PM:
>> On 2/23/2014 6:34 PM, bryan roache wrote:
>>> Hi, does any one know how to turn on the spell checker in sea monkey,
>>> when its in browser mode?
>>>
>> 1.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit > Preferences].
>>
>> 2.  On the left side of the Preference window (under Category), select
>> [Appearance > Spelling].
>>
>> 3.  On the Spelling pane, under General, select your preferred language
>> (which has to be a dictionary that came with your localized version or
>> that you have installed) and when you want the spell-check to be
>> performed (a choice between "Never", "In multiline boxes", or "All
>> boxes").  Note:  Both of those choices are via pull-down lists triggered
>> when you click on the buttons with the down-pointing arrows.
>>
> OK, thanks. Now what is the keystroke, to check spelling in search boxes
> If I make a typo?

If SeaMonkey does not recognize a word -- because it is not in
SeaMonkey's dictionary -- I see a wavy red line under the word.  If I
put my cursor on that word and right-click, the pull-down context menu
gives me some alternatives.  I may then select any of the alternatives
to correct the word, or I may choose an option to add the word to my
personal dictionary or simply ignore the spell-check on that word.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.