Gabriel wrote:

On 08/03/14 21.18, Paul B. Gallagher ha scritto:

[CUT]

Exactly, it worked for me too until a few days ago! Now after
downloading the headers (or the full messages for the NGs I set to
synchronize and want a local copy), it shows "unread" (with the green
down arrow) but the menu "mark all as read" is greyed out, and I
don't understand which messages are actually already read or not. If
I hit "N" it does jump to the next unread message.

I don't think all of this is you. I've noticed for some time that the down arrow doesn't disappear when I read the last unread message in a newsgroup, but it does if I navigate away from the group. Normally, the NG name is bolded with the unread message count in parentheses at the end, and if it's zero, the bolding and the count vanish. So it's weird to see an unbolded NG name with a down arrow.

I don't have your other issues, though, so like you I think there's something wrong over there.

Paul B. Gallagher