WaltS wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:

My success involved not only accepting first-party cookies but also
accepting cookies "normally" (i.e., not merely session cookies).  In
my configuration, however, non-session cookies are treated as
session cookies because I have locked the cookies.sqlite file as
read-only in my profile.

Update: I played around with my AdBlock Plus settings, and got the
following results:

Fully active -- all blank pages.
Disable on this page -- all blank pages.
Disable on theguardian.com -- all blank pages.
Disable everywhere -- pages preview normally.

So apparently ABP is blocking something from some other domain.

Glad you found that. Confirmed with my SeaMonkey.

Probably something to bring up with ABP.

<https://adblockplus.org/en/bugs>

Done. Report link:
<https://reports.adblockplus.org/47e16887-472e-4877-951d-d4a28eb05fb8>

Paul B. Gallagher