David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/20/2014 11:18 AM, cmcadams wrote:
Going on several Gawker Media sites (eg: lifehacker.com, gizmodo.com), pictures
are
refusing to load. If I right click in SM to view a missing picture I get an
error
page saying "Unknown Protocol / chomp is not a registered protocol".

This in: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
SeaMonkey/2.24

Adblock on or off makes no diff. IE says the page has errors. w3c.org intimates
that
both sites are crap. None of which explains chomp...

Windows 7 (x64)
SeaMonkey 2.25

I went to <http://gizmodo.com/> and had no problem seeing the thumbnail
photos and the full-size photos.  However, that require me to change my
image preference from "Only load images that come from the originating
server" to "Load all images".

That's it.

I've had a chance to try lifehacker on different platforms. The site renders in IE (on separate machines, I didn't play with settings) visibly the same as it does under iOS. FF 20 x64 in Linux renders it "browser fashion" with visible errors (a truncated left column), while SM 2.24 in Linux with "all pictures" enabled renders it what I'll presume to presume is perfectly. Versatile websites, infinitely variable! Chomp will remain a mystery.