Arnie Goetchius wrote:
HilsB wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 3/26/14 5:36 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 26/03/14 13:14, Trane Francks wrote:
On 3/26/14 9:42 AM +0900, MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 25/03/2014 19:20, HilsB told the world:
HilsB wrote:
I have a friend and neighbour who was admitted to hospital as an
emergency and will be there for some time. He has asked
me to access his e-mails but he cannot remember his correct
password. I realise this is a difficult and unusual request
but can anyone help?

I should have mentioned that it is the SeaMonkey password I'm looking
for. I know the password for the Mac admin.

Let's go one step at a time...

- If you mean the Seamonkey master password, I don't think there is a
workaround. However, your friend types that every single day in
order to
check his e-mail -- unless he's in a state of diminished mental
capacity
(stroke, concussion, heavy painkillers, whatever) he should be able to
remember it.
- However, if what you want is to extract the saved mail passwords
from
his Seamonkey so you can check his e-mail for him in a different
computer, then it should be possible to look them up in the Seamonkey
Data Manager.

One requires the master password to display saved passwords in the Data
Manager.

Only *if* one was set in the first place.

Yes. Correct and a very good point. :)

Thanks for all suggestions. Unfortunately my friend has heart and other
problems and is under medication. He has given me what he remembers but
they do not give access.  I'll be seeing him on Friday and I'll try him
again.
If he remembers his userid and password for his mail server, you could
go directly there and download email. Of course he would need to
remember the userid and password for the server for this to work.

If the server was called they can help.
They'll ask personal questions like mother's maiden name and street he grew up on, etc. If you can answer those type of questions they should give you the password for email at the server site.