Roger Fink wrote:

-------- Original Message --------

JavaScript function seems to have vanished from SeaMonkey 2.25, even in
safe mode. What is the best way to get this back?

Note: I have in essence an identical installation on a second machine,
the main difference being the profile name, so I could probably
overwrite the corrupt file or files if I knew which ones were suspect.

Twelve hours after the original post, JavaScript is now working in SeaMonkey.

At the time of the original post, JavaScript was working on the other browsers:
FF, Palemoon and IE. The problem occurred
across multiple sites. Maybe it had something to do with yesterday's Windows
Update but that still doesn't explain why JS
functionality returned. Anyway, I can live with the outcome.

How long ago did you update? The past few versions I have had issues with URLs not showing in HTML emails for a few days, then it goes back to normal (until the next update). Can't tell with 2.25 though, it wouldn't open on this computer so had to revert.