On 4/19/14 9:37 PM +0900, F Murtz wrote:
Does something called "the software security device" belong to seamonkey
or xp?  It asks after I start seamonkey It only happened after I
installed an update.It seem that I might have entered a password
thinking that bigpond was asking for it for mail and or usenet on setup
because it seems to have my bigpond password.
I would love to be able to not have seamonkey have a password or ever
ask me to make one, Is this possible?
is it possible to delete part of the profile page to achieve this or do
I have to add remove then delete the whole profile and sea monkey file
and start again,although add remove does not remove seamonkey

Open SM preferences and navigate to Privacy & Security | Master Passwords. There, click on the Reset Password in the 'Reset Master Password' section. Any stored passwords/certificates in SeaMonkey will be lost, but you will no longer be prompted for a password at startup. You will have to re-enter any passwords that you have stored.

As noted by others, storing passwords in a profile that is not protected by a master password is a seriously bad idea.

--
// Trane Francks   tr...@tranefrancks.com   Tokyo, Japan