Bob Henson wrote:
As Mozilla are intent on ruining both Firefox and Thunderbird, I though I'd
give Seamonkey a try. However, I hit a problem almost immediately. It
installed just fine on my Linux test system, so I tried it on my main
Windows 7 system. Any attempt to set up e-mail accounts failed - the system
would not allow me to set the first or subsequent e-mail accounts to use a
Global Inbox system - the radio button to allow it does not function
(although the dropdown along side it seems to), and it will not allow me to
tick "include this server when getting new e-mail". It makes no difference
if the account is set up to use SSL or not - neither work.

Is this a known problem with Seamonkey? It seems odd is it is, as I would
have thought that would have been fixed years ago as a matter of urgency.
If not, and although it uses a separate profile, might it be because I have
Thunderbird and Firefox on the same machine? I did not use the Thunderbird
import facility on setup, should that be a factor.

I've replied to myself here so that I can transfer this message plus the original to the dev group - follow up is set to mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey.

Since writing, I tried several times to remove and completely reinstall 2.26 to no avail, the problem persists. I've just uninstalled (including profile, of course) it again and installed Seamonkey 2.25. There is a minor error in this in that the account wizard still fails to make a new account use the Global inbox system when ticked, but you can successfully manually change the account settings from within in the account manager.

My guess is that in trying to fix the problem in the Wizard in 2.25, a new bug or a regression has screwed the system completely in 2.26? Either way, it needs fixing sharpish, chaps.

Regards,

Bob