EE wrote:

Geoff Welsh wrote:
OK, wtf.

Why, when I am composing a mail message, do the letters appear in one
font....

but when I look in the Sent Folder, (to make sure I typed everything I
meant to) I notice that the letters are all in a different font?

No clue on Font names, just they are different

GW
SM 2.26, OS X

News posts too....looking at this one right now
GW

I have noticed that both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird want to use monospace
font in the compose window and sans serif font in the message window......

ah-hah. So that is the problem then.....I guess. I don't pretend to understand all the font "categories". (That whole Preferences/Appearance/Fonts window is one big ?????? to me.)

But it seems to me, on my own machine, when I compose, it should look the same after it is sent (when I never change anything)!

GW