On 6/5/2014 10:04 AM, Mike C wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 06/05/2014 11:39 AM, Mike C wrote:
>>> Does anyone know why RoboForm works in Firefox and not Seamonkey?
>>> They're both Mozilla.
>>

>> Because the developer of Roboform doesn't support SeaMonkey.
>>
>> <http://www.roboform.com/platforms>
>>
> I guess I knew that but my wondering is:
> If they're both Mozilla why isn't SM automatically supported?

Unfortunately, there are a number of extensions that work with Firefox
but not with SeaMonkey.  In many cases, this is NOT merely the omission
of SeaMonkey from the install.rdf; instead, this involves differences in
the user interfaces between the two browsers or in other areas outside
of the basic Gecko and Toolkit components.  Examples of such extensions
include Font Information and BetterPrivacy; both of these have older
SeaMonkey-specific versions created by others (not by their developers).

In a few cases, the extension developers created separate
SeaMonkey-specific versions.  These include Flashblock.

You might check Extension Converter for SeaMonkey at
<http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/>.  However, I know that this does
not work for Font Information.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.