EE pounded out :
silverfox38 wrote:
On 06/17/2014 15:32, EE wrote:
silverfox38 wrote:

D/L Seamonkey 2.26 but it did not import my address book completely
from
TBird 24.4.0??

All Bookmarks were not D/L from FF 30.0??

I went to Import from TB and it did not d/l it?
Same for bookmarks from ff?

TIA

silverfox38

I am surprised that SM did not import everything from Tbird.  It did for
me with version 2.20.  You should be able to get the address book
(extension = .mab) from Tbird's profile and copy it to SeaMonkey's
profile.  You can locate both profiles by using Help > Troubleshooting
Information.

You can either backup Firefox bookmarks or export as HTML, to a location
external to the profile, then restore or import as HTML with SeaMonkey.

Thanks for the advice EE but, how do I change from abook.mab to
abook.html??

How about the bookmarks from FF?

TIA

silverfox38

No, I mean export bookmarks to HTML from Firefox, then import them into
bookmarks in SeaMonkey.  You need to open the "Show all bookmarks"
window for Firefox to export, and then open the "Bookmarks Manager"
window in SeaMonkey and import.  The Thunderbird address books can be
simply copied and pasted from one profile to the other.

Why? Just copy places.sqlite from FF to SM. You'll now have bookmarks and history in SM that equals FF.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/