On 06/23/2014 08:55 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
WaltS48 pounded out :
On 06/23/2014 03:09 PM, Rufus wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
WaltS48 pounded out :
Rufus wrote:
EE wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Okay.  I may be losing my mind.

I tried those themes mentioned in the thread: "New Complete Themes
for
SeaMonkey"

I removed them.

I just noticed that the scroll bars in SeaMonkey are different.
Notice
the vertical scroll bars in these screen shots:

<http://edmullen.net/temp/sm01b.jpg>

<http://edmullen.net/temp/sm02.jpg>

Umm, have they looked like that before?  Or did temporarily
installing
those themes somehow permanently modify the packaged Modern
theme?  Or
am I just losing it?

Themes do change scrollbars as well as toolbars.

...but they shouldn't persist once you change the Theme to another
one.

Now I'm *really* suspicious...

They do if installed as a separate extension when installing the
theme.

Nobody noticed they were installing two add-ons?

Looking at the  Metal Lion Silver Sea Monkey theme I see an extension
called Metal Lion Sea Monkey Silver Scrollbars that comes with the
theme. Same for the Sea Monkey Metal Lion theme called Metal Lion Sea
Monkey Scrollbars II.

I like the Silver theme best.

Check your extensions and remove the scrollbar extension.

I went to the Mozillazine artice cited in the OP.  There I clicked the
two links:

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/metal-lion-silver-sea-monkey/>

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/metal-lion-sea-monkey/>

Each points to a Mozilla add-ons page where I clicked the "Add to
SeaMonkey" buttons.  The only new things that showed up in my Add-ons
Manager were those two themes.  When I Removed them in Add-ons Manager
their .xpi folders/files remained behind, causing the issue I first
cited.

Interesting.

There were no Scrollbars extensions shown and zero indication that
something that modifies the Modern theme was going to be installed.

This is what I see when I click "Add to SeaMonkey" for the Metal Lion
Silver theme. Note I can choose to Cancel or Install Now.

http://imgur.com/KkHJNKn

For the Metal Lion Theme.

http://imgur.com/feuzkAJ

Sorry if you didn't see that there is a Scrollbars extension for each
theme.

You were installing a complete theme, not a lightweight theme, and you
expected it to not change your Modern theme?

smdh

*Yes* and *YES* - I expect all Themes to be self contained...one of them
should not have any effect on any of the others.

 From now on I'll be watching for ones that install anything outside of
themselves.

You should have noticed that with these two themes. Not to mention users
should do that with all software.

NO!  It's an official Mozilla site.  The install purported to only
install a theme, nothing else, and made no Mention of the theme
breaking/modifying a standard Mozilla build.  But it did.  BAD!!!  Bad
on the author's part and bad on Mozilla's part.

What did my two screen shots show? The theme and the scroll bars.

You really don't understand themes. Do you?

SeaMonkey Modern modifies the standard default theme. Some would say it breaks it.

And, frankly, stupid on both their parts.

Is this enough bad publicity for both of them?

I see no bad publicity, just a user that doesn't understand themes and didn't pay attention to what they were installing.