On 6/29/2014 6:30 AM W3BNR submitted the following:
> On 6/28/2014 11:01 PM Ed Mullen submitted the following:
>> W3BNR pounded out :
>>> On 6/28/2014 3:59 PM Juiceman submitted the following:
>>>
>>> I've had no problems using the Bookmarks Manager/Tools/Backup & Restore
>>> functions to transfer bookmarks from my desktop (Win7)and my laptop
>>> (Linux Mint Maya).
>>>

>> I don't get it.  What doesn't work perfectly by copying the
>> places.sqlite file?  That is the simplest way to effect this.  And no
>> chances that something will be lost in the translation.  And, fewer steps.
>>

> Agreed, it is simpler.  But since the developers furnished me a means to
> create and copy in their software, I use it.
>
>> I frequently copy places.sqlite from my SeaMonkey profile to my Firefox
>> profile.  Also, from my SM profile on one computer to another, etc.
>> Simplest thing.

And to continue where I left off (must have erased it before I sent the

When you use the 'Backup' option SM creates a file
BookMarks-(Date).json. and allows you to save it where you want.  If you
forgot where you saved it.  Just search for book?.json ignoring the ones
in /xx/x/x/Roaming/Mozilla.  The 'Restore' function takes any
bookmark-(date).json file and re-writes your bookmark file.

--
Ed, W3BNR