Daniel:
>On 1/07/2014 10:35 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> I was showing a way how the problem with the 'light text' could probably
>> be solved. Not by altering prefs *g* but by using the file userContent.css.
>>
>> Philip then mentioned opacity.
>
>But doesn't the content of userContent.css then get read into prefs.js
>and become permanent??

For the user.js that is true. The userContent.css and the userChrome.css
contain CSS rules which affect the appearance of SM itself or its
content. Why not try an example?

In your profile, if you dot not have a directory with the name chrome,
create one. If you have already a userChrome.css in chrome, rename it to
userChrome.css-sav. Copy the attachment of this messages to the
directory chrome. Restart SM and switch to the Mail & Newsgroups Window.

It should be difficult not to notice the effect. :)

To get rid of the example, rename the userChrome.css or delete it and
restart SM again.

Hartmut