Hi,

Hartmut Figge writes:
Let us look into about:config with the filter charset. Near the end is a
pref which looks promising. mailnews.force_charset_override. It is set
to false here. If it is set to true on your machine, we should have
found the culprit.

I've set :
"mailnews.force_charset_override;false" without better results.

I also downloaded and installed SeaMonkey 2.26 from the following site

        <http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/seamonkey.php>

<http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.26&os=osx&lang=fr>

including the linguistic package 2.26 (xpi) :

<ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.26/langpack/seamonkey-2.26.fr.langpack.xpi>

I always have problems with UTF-8 character encoding. Is there something
else I can do ? Is there somebody else using accentuated languages ?

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
<http://eureka.atari.org/>