Philip Chee wrote:
On 11/04/2014 03:30, MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 10/04/2014 15:58, Byron Smith told the world:
Absolutely cannot set up Sync in Seamonkey 2.26 beta 1. I have
login credentials and recovery key. Could not pair a device to set
up a new sync on Seamonkey. Also could not login using credentials
and recovery key as Next button does nothing (and neither does the
link about having lost a device). Could this because I switched
over to the new sync profile in Firefox 29.0 beta?

Probably. From what I understand, the new Sync system is quite
different from the one heretofore being used.

Sync v2 uses a more traditional userid/password scheme. With the userid
an email-like string.

Phil

how long should one leave the sync window open after providing all the account data and clicking next? nothing has happened with mine for quite a while...

-- You step in the stream...
  But the water has moved on...
   This page is not here.