*-* On Thu, 10 Jul 2014, at 00:02:09 +0200,
*-* In Article <53bdbbe1.7000...@hfigge.myfqdn.de>,
*-* Hartmut Figge wrote
*-* About Re: User-agent line not appearing in email

> Ken Whiton:

>> The developers were discussing which strings to add to the list of
>> headers TB would recognize as User-Agent equivalents. One that I
>> remember that they added to the list was X-Newsreader.

> Now you have made me curious enough to look into the source.

> hafi@i5_64 ~/hg-moz $ grep  -ri --exclude-dir .hg x-newsreader src/
> src/mailnews/mime/public/nsMailHeaders.h:#define HEADER_X_NEWSREADER
>               "X-Newsreader"
> src/mailnews/mime/emitters/nsMimeHtmlEmitter.cpp:
> PL_strcasecmp("x-newsreader", headerInfo->name) &&
> PL_strcasecmp("x-mimeole", headerInfo->name) &&
> src/suite/mailnews/msgHdrViewOverlay.js:        // If we have an
> x-mailer, x-mimeole, or x-newsreader string,
> src/mail/base/content/msgHdrViewOverlay.js:        // If we have an
> x-mailer, x-mimeole, or x-newsreader string,

> First time i see x-mimeole. It is not part of nsMailHeaders.h.
> Perhaps something related to Win.

     Yes.  It's part of the way Microsoft e-mail clients (Outlook
Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) identify themselves in
e-mail messages and newsgroup posts.

     Here's how it appears in the source of a post in another newsgroup:

Here's the User-Agent string displayed by my TB 1.5.0.14, based on
that information:

Here's the User-Agent string displayed by TB 24.4.0, based on that
information:

     Here's how similar information appears in the source of an e-mail
I recently received:

Here's the e-mail User-Agent string displayed by my TB 1.5.0.14, based
on that information:

TB 24.4.0 displays the same e-mail User-Agent string as TB 1.5.0.14.

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenwhi...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)