Larry S. wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Larry S. pounded out :
Daniel wrote:
On 07/07/14 04:30, Larry S. wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 06/21/2014 04:58 PM, Larry S. wrote:
Some time ago my credit union started a process whereby I could
deposit
checks into my account by scanning (which was good, since I live 500
miles away).

Worked great for a year and a half (over two dozen checks). Then
along
came SM 2.26. Ever since then the scanning process fails. Here's the
procedure (a bit simplified):

--Call up the deposit s/w; it starts.
--Answer questions about the account and the check.
--Place check on scanner.
--Click on "Scan front of check".

And that where it ends. Scanning never starts.

Prior to SM 2.26, scanning proceeded, then verification, then
receipt.

So, the question is what changed with SM 2.26 that could cause this?
The scanner and scanning s/w didn't change. The scanner is Canon MG
5320
and meets all the requirements for the process. Of course, it
involves
s/w so the support people say "we don't work with that particular
scanner", but they did for a year and a half. (Oh, yes, the scanner
works perfectly for any other purpose.)

Sorry for the long story. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Larry S.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0)
Gecko/20100101
Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26.1 (just updated)

Have you tried SeaMonkey in safe mode?

[Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge
Base](http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode)

Thank you, Walt, for the suggestion. I finally got a check to deposit,
so I could try safe mode. Unfortunately, the result is the same. When
it's time to scan, nothing happens. (For other applications, the
scanner
works just fine.)

Guess I won't solve it. Out of ideas and suggestions, in a situation
where it worked perfectly for a year and a half, then suddenly won't
any
more. Sigh...

Larry S.

Larry, have you tried downloading/installing an old version of SM (one
where you *know* it did work!!) and see if you are still able to do it
using that set-up where you knew that you could??

Have you added/removed any add-ons which might have effected things??

This might determine if it's a change in SM or a change at your bank!!

Daniel, thank you for your suggestions. No, I haven't tried to d/l an
older version of SM, partly because I try to keep up to date for
security reasons. Think I might try it.

In that regard, can I have two version of SM on my machine at the same
time? If so, I could use the older one for this single purpose and
thereby minimize security concerns.

Yes, two versions are OK.  But!

Make sure when you install you choose the Custom option and install to a
unique folder (let's say SeaMonkeyOld) in Program Files.

I'd advise using separate profiles for each.  Close SeaMonkey.  Open
Profile Manager and create a new one for the older version of SM, let's
say named OldVer.  Exit PM.

Create a shortcut for the old version.  You can right-click and drag the
shortcut from the SM Start Menu folder and drop it on the desktop.  When
asked choose Create shortcut.  Right-click the shortcut and choose
Properties.  On the Shortcut tab the Target field should be:

"[drive]:\Program Files\SeaMonkeyOld\seamonkey.exe" -browser -P OldVer

where [drive] is whever you installed it.

For a shortcut for Mail/News substitute "-mail" for -browser in the
above line.

Thanks for excellent advice, as usual. O.K., ran the old SM (version
that last successfully made an on-line deposit). Still didn't work.
Guess it wasn't SM.

That exhausts the possibilities, so I'm back to snail mail!

Thanks for all the help.

as usual...the web site is the problem
GW