-------- Original Message --------

Roger Fink wrote, On 08/08/2014 01:44:

-------- Original Message --------

Is there any simple way to make Windows 7 and 8 open saved emails, .eml
filetype, with Seamonkey Mail.  When I double-click a .eml file in
Windows Explorer, a blank Seamonkey browser window opens.

I realize I can open such a file from the Seamonkey Mail file menu.

This is not the answer to your question but if the issue is being able
to open and read the eml file by double clicking it, as opposed to
having to navigate to it through the email client, eml opens in
wordpad. So if you you add a wordpad shortcut to your sendto folder
(roaming/microsoft/windows/sendto), you can open the file that way
without any change to SeaMonkey as the default email client.
Did say that you will open en .eml file with WordPad ? Bad idea :-)
You cannot double-click on an .eml file and expect that SM-Mail section
will open this file.
What i can do, here on my system with SM and TB installed:
Rigth-Click on the .eml file
Use "Open with" option
Choose Thunderbird by clicking on it
The .eml file is open in a mail client ! (SM is still the default mail
client) :-)

OK if you have both SM & Tb installed, most don't. But even then, there is no practical need to open a text file with an email client.