On 8/28/2014 2:04 AM, Onno Ekker wrote:
> On 8/27/2014 5:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> The separator line following the search select is called
>>> context-sep-properties (see
>>> http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/suite/common/contentAreaContextOverlay.xul#264).
>>>
>>> You can hide it by adding the same three lines with
>>> #context-sep-properties instead of #context-searchselect, or add the id
>>> to the first line:
>>>
>>> #context-searchselect, #context-sep-properties {
>>>   display: none;
>>> }
>>>

>> I tried both:
>>      #context-searchselect { display: none }
>>      #context-sep-properties { display: none }
>> and
>>      #context-searchselect, #context-sep-properties { display: none }
>>
>> While the search item is removed from the context menu, neither of the
>> above removed one or both separator lines.
>>
>> Yes, I know the these are not exactly as you presented them.  However, I
>> have been doing CSS for several years, not only for my Web pages but
>> also in userChrome.css and userContent.css.  I know that your three-line
>> statement can be all on one line.  I also know that a final semi-colon
>> is not needed; it is needed only if an additional CSS property follows,
>> in which case it is not final.
>>
>> What I do not know are the various internal Gecko elements (e.g.,
>> context-searchselect) and how they are used.  For this, I do indeed need
>> help.
>>

> The problem is that I don't see your context menu, which makes it hard
> for me to help...
>
> My context menu only shows four entries: Copy, Select All, separator,
> Search Google for "xxx" and View Selection Source.
>
> Maybe you have some extension that adds more menuitems and the separator?
>
> Or you can try to hide the separator before the Search Google line. That
> one is probably called #context-sep-selectall
>
> Onno

That -- #context-sep-selectall -- is the solution!!

I have not one but two extensions that add entries to the context menu
immediately bracketing the "Serach Google for xxx" entry and its
separators.  I also have two other extensions that add entries to the
context menu but away from the separators.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.