Daniel wrote, On 31/08/2014 12:14:

Yes, Ed, I know this is a *possibility* , but the way I normally do it is to double-click on the file that I want to download, have a screen open which gives me the option to either "Open with ...." or "Save File". If I select "Save File" and then click "OK", I usually get another screen allowing me to select where I want the file saved.

On Win7, I do not get this Location screen, but I still do in Linux!!

So, Ed, I am not suggesting that there is no way to download and save a file, *just that the/my normal way of doing it is not possible* for me on Win7, ATT!

Have you compared your options between your two SeaMonkey - the one under Linux and the one under Windows ?

Perhaps you could copy your Linux-SM profile over your Windows-SM profile.