NoOp wrote, On 11/09/2014 22:19:
On 09/10/2014 02:45 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/09/14 09:03, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 09/09/2014 17:28:
On 7/09/2014 2:53 AM, NoOp wrote:
<Snip>

Close SeaMonkey, go into your profile folder and * rename *
'mimeTypes.rdf' to mimeTypes.rdf_bak. Restart SeaMonkey and then try the
link. You should then get the popup allowing you to select always ask.
In the newly created mimeTypes.rdf file you then should find an entry
similar to this:

    </RDF:Description>
    <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:handler:application/x-bzip"
                     NC:alwaysAsk="true"
                     NC:saveToDisk="true">
      <NC:externalApplication
RDF:resource="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:application/x-bzip"/>
NoOp, should I be worried that I don't have a 'mimeTypes.rdf' anywhere
on my Windows 7 hard drives?? Win7 Search screen is blank when I type
"mim"

I have this file in this directory:
C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ey8r9gln.default\

RZ is the user who log on windows after boot.
ey8r9gln.default is my profile
mimeTypes.rdf is the name of the file.
Thanks, Ray, I'm aware of where the file should be, thanks to NoOp,
above, but I don't have one and, if I select Win7's Start button and
enter "mimeType" in the search field, the search comes up empty!

Interesting... I just loaded up SM a Win 7 in VirtualBox w/SeaMonkey
2.26.1 and that profile doesn't have a mimeTypes.rdf either. I'll have
to go looking why not. In the interim, here is the format for that file:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/MimeTypes.rdf>

It's written there:
Deleting mimeTypes.rdf will clear the associations between MIME types and programs. A new file will be created on start up or when the application first needs to write to the file.

I change my mimeTypes.rdf as mimeTypes.rdf.old and i start SM.
The start up did not create the file..
 - nor the downloading of seamonkey-2.29b1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29b1/contrib/ - nor the click of a .doc link asking me if i want to open it with winword (why did SM know that he can open the file with winword ? Is that relation written at another place than in the helper applications list ?

The question is : What should we do to have the needs to write to this file ?