Trane Francks wrote:
On 9/12/14 1:41 AM, Larry wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 9/11/14 6:38 AM, EE wrote:
Larry wrote:
Used auto update on laptop, Win 7,to update from 2.26.1 to SM 2.29.
After update all internet connections, including SM 2.29 update page,
showed "connection refused".  Same for all mail accounts and news
groups.

Using IE on the same machine I was able to download and re-install
2.29
again with same results, "connection refused".

Used IE to download and re-install 2.26.1.  Problem solved, works
perfectly except for latest security updates etc.

Is this a known problem with 2.29?  How do I get 2.29 to install
properly in my Win 7 laptop?

Any help appreciated.

Larry

Check your firewall.  It might be refusing to allow the connections
because it does not recognize the new version.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls

It's probably the Remember Passwords add-on, which is incompatible with
2.29.

I thought I was using the built in SM Password Manager.  Cannot find a
Remember Password add-on in the SM add-on manager.  Am I missing
something?

Larry

Since you're not using a password add-on, you're not missing anything
except the reason that is causing you problems. Unfortunately, I'm out
of ideas beyond suggesting that it's possible your firewall, either
Windows- or antivirus-based, might be blocking it. If you haven't
rebooted already, that might help.

Was running fine in 2.26.1 but I decided to try your suggestions. Before doing anything I allowed an automatic update to 2.29. Problem was gone, everything working fine. Thanks for helping.

Larry