WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/01/2014 05:12 PM, Janine Starykowicz wrote:
I can't set emails to always show remote content anymore, think this
started in SM 29. Before it wouldn't even pop up the contact form. Now
after 29.1 it pops up, but after I close the form nothing happens. I
have to click show remote which only works on that particular email.

Do I need to fill in more contact info or something now?

In SM 2.29 the contact form pops up, has the "Allow remote content" box
checked, saves the contact to the address book, but doesn't allow remote
content for me, unless I click the "Show Remote Content" button.

I can not tell if new emails from the same contact will show remote
content at this time, but since today is "Arts Day of Giving" I should
get a few more reminders later today.

I would say you discovered a bug.

UPDATE!

Found an older email from the same sender and it doesn't show the remote
content unless I click the "Show Remote Content" button.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
SeaMonkey/2.29

That's not the issue. What is broken is the ability for SM to remember for a specific address that all remote content should be loaded. I have an address book called "whitelist" where I have always stored permissions for this. And it is no longer working.

This NOT trivial. I get emails from various companies that contain remote content: Bank of America, AMEX, my water company, various trusted individuals, various other companies, etc.

The breakage in SeaMonkey lately is really sad. Actually, it's probably breakage in Thunderbird core but the effect is the same for we users.

Mozilla has, apparently, become a one-product company: Firefox. All other dev work has been compromised.

Sigh. I suppose I ought to start looking.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/