NoOp wrote:
On 10/06/2014 10:19 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

Since linux64 does exist (in unofficial) and we release langpacks you can
install into linux64, we have not made that process a higher priority, than,
say, actually releasing betas or releases in general. (You'll note that the
latest round of betas are still delayed).

I thank you for your continued interest, and hope to have more to share "soon".

~Justin Wood (Callek)

It's not lack of an official release that bothers me as much as having to spend
a lot of time trying to find a version of Lightning which works with each 64 bit
update (in some cases I fail). I believe that's true for other packages as well,
but Lightning is my one and only blocker to upgrade, other than outright bugs
like saving bookmarks and/or passwords in recoverable format.

Would it be possible for someone to add a URL for that to the release notes? To
me that is vastly more important 64 bit support than making a package official
or not. Again, I suspect other 64 bit users have a similar issue with other
packages, I'll let them make their own case.

Lightning updates have been working just fine for me recently w/linux 64
and 32 bit. However when they don't I have this page bookmarked:
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Calendar/Calendar_Versions>
and refer to that for the version numbers.
I also have this bookmarked:
<http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/>

Note: I'm currently running SM 2.30:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
SeaMonkey/2.30
and
Lightning       3.5b1 {e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}

I shall cautiously try 2.29.1 again, thanks.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have