WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/16/2014 04:41 AM, jkdingw...@gmail.com wrote:
I allowed SeaMonkey to auto-update from 2.29.1 to 2.30 this morning but it
appears to have broken the install for me and I'm unable to recover.  The
symptoms are that SeaMonkey will start but all windows have a normal border
with all content being black.  OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit).  I
have tried the following steps to try and make it work:

Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey and reinstall
Update video display drivers (Nvidia NVS 4200M)
Manually create a new profile by editing profiles.ini to add an extra entry
Delete registry keys relating to SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Netscape from HKCU/Software
and HKLM/Software.

Reverting to 2.29.1 restores the correct behaviour.

Has anyone else seen and solved a similar issue or is this worthy of a bug
report?

Disable hardware acceleration in SM 2.30. Edit > Preferences > Appearance >
Content.

How do you do that? The pages are all black, a tribute to a minimalist theme, but not a good GUI.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have